In order to provide better customer service, three new centers have been identified by The Vehicles and Drivers Licensing Department where international driving licenses and Carnet de Passage en Douane (CPD) will be issued. The three centers named include Main Building in Tarif Western Region, Vehicle Test Center at “Al Salama” in the main building in Abu Dhabi and Technical Inspection Center in Falaj Hazza in Al Ain.

Speaking on the occasion, Head of Vehicles and Drivers Licensing Department, Colonel Mohamed Mayouf Al Kutbi explained the process, saying that citizens who wanted to be issued round trip admissions for their vehicles needed to get Carnet de Passage en Douane (CPD) before applying for certificate of Automobile and Touring Club – UAE. The services will be provided on three centers in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and the Western Region.

He also said that all vehicles registered in the state leaving UAE for travel abroad must obtain Carnet de Passage. However, the following vehicle owners do not need to obtain it.

  • UAE citizens’ vehicles leaving the state to any of the GCC countries.
  • GCC country nationals’ vehicles leaving the state to their home countries only.
  • Vehicles of official bodies and ministries leaving only for the GCC countries.