Falak Hyat (April 22, 2014)
Users will now be updated on weather conditions and precautions to be taken through a weather forecasting App called Najm Sohail.
The Director General of Dubai Municipality Hussain Nasser Lootah and Major-General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, Commander-in-Chief of the Dubai Police introduced a weather update Application, Najm Sohail.
The weather forecast App can predict sandstorms in Dubai up to two days in advance and update residents and authorities on taking precautions and gearing themselves for it. The App followed the initial release of the meteorological warning system which was carried out while the Gitex Exhibition was held in October last year.
Dubai Municipality has taken an initiative and provides quality customer service to its customers by providing updates that stop road accidents and protect people from dust and allergies.
The App is created by the Geodesy and Hydrographic Survey Section of Dubai Municipality and Unique System FZE. Users can register themselves and be updated automatically on weather alerts. Customers of the App can view pink dots which will suggest areas which will be hit by the sandstorm. The App can be downloaded from Google Play Store by typing in Najm Sohail
“When the system is more sure of the possibility of a sandstorm it sends an alert of 70 per cent chance for sandstorm. When there is less probability, it will indicate 30 per cent chance.” Said Eman Ahmed Al Khatibi, head of Geodesy and Hydro-graphic section.
Dubai, U.A.E. - Careem, the leading application based car booking service has become the first in the Middle East region to make use of Twitter Customer Feedback Tool to improve the experience offered to customers. With Twitter Customer Feedback, people...Read More
For the first time in Dubai, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank (ADIB) one of the leading banks in UAE has partnered with NCR Corporation, a leading company in omni-channel solutions to provide voice-activation technology on its ATM machines across UAE. This...Read More
The Department of Economic Development (DED) has launched a drive-through service at TAAJEEL Centre for business registrations and licensing in government departments to ensure better customer experience and timely service in UAE. The Drive-Through service is an initiative to ensure...Read More