Muhammad Ghaznavi (February 27, 2014)
Customer Services Representatives are the face of the business. Their interaction with the customer leads to a long term impression in the mind of the customer. This impression can be an asset or a liability for an organization. Companies that invest in ensuring excellence in their customer services normally have higher customer satisfaction and retention rates and better returns on investment on marketing and advertisement.
Customer centric organizations employ comprehensive training regimes to ensure that the final delivery of service is up to their policy standards. If you are feeling the heat of customer complaints and want to implement an effective plan to improve your customer service delivery these tips will guide you through the path.
- Create a Customer Oriented Culture. The employees and especially those dealing with customers should be trained to understand and be aware of how their jobs influence the overall value of business. A customer oriented culture focuses on establishing organizations around the need of customers and develops a culture where all employees, from customer sales representatives to the support staff focuses on customer needs. It involves redefining what the business an organization is on. For example, rather than being in a business selling shoes, we are in the business of helping customers find the best shoes for themselves.
- Engaging training is effective training. Adopt training strategies which encourage your representatives to participate enthusiastically, encouraging their receptivity. You need your staff to be engaged psychologically and emotionally. A training can be on the job. It can also be budget sensitive. A Picnic for example with team building and customer serving strategies can help in building team work, engaging employees and training at the same time.
- He doesn’t know? What do you mean he doesn’t know? He is the customer service representative, it is his job to know! An ill-informed customer service representative is capable of annoying and finally driving away even the most loyal of your customers. Excellent customer service begins with imparting proper knowledge of every product detail and company policy on the representatives’ end. Write down product details, hold classes and test your employees on the products.
- Communication skills are the lifeline of a customer service representative. Employees could have every product detail, be well mannered, emotionally balanced, etc. but unless they have excellent communication and people skills, they won’t be effective in solving customer problems. Polish your representatives’ communication skills; help them understand how to deal with difficult situations. Effective communication requires, understanding the problem of the customer, especially in conflict circumstances when the real problem might be disguised under irrelevant grievances.
- Instill the concept of personal accountability and initiative within the organizational culture. A customer service representative has complete control over his responses while dealing with a customer. These responses translate into the level of customer satisfaction. An employee who takes full responsibility of his actions and is willing to go an extra mile to help the customer, will always be an asset for the company.
Amazing customer service can help you stand out from a cluster of competitors. Training employees to change their habits and develop new habits can take time. Changing a business culture is a gradual process. Keep arming your employees with all the right weapons required to survive in the vicious business environment of today, and it will not be long before you will see the results pouring in.
Ever since the COVID-19 lockdown has come into place across the globe, there has been a complete shift in the operations of the global workspace. For many, work from home i.e. remote work has taken over. Even though this is...
A quick high-five in the hallway or a fresh cup of coffee on the desk - there are so many little things about the workplace that cannot be replicated during a lockdown. In addition to the comradery that we enjoy...
It is safe to say that the current on-going health crisis is posing unprecedented challenges for businesses everywhere. While entrepreneurs must ensure that their businesses keep operating through lockdowns, quarantines, and altered delivery schedules, there is now an additional responsibility...